Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Day Was Like This Post, Rather Long!

So my day today started with me getting the crap scared out of me. I took Rusty out to go potty (on his leash) like I always do when all of a sudden there were two dogs (pretty sure they were pit bulls) coming towards us. My dog, being the idiot that he is was trying to be all aggressive. I was screaming at him to stop and NO and putting my foot out to the dog that was close enough to bite him or me, dragging my dumb ass dog and trying to get in the house all at the same time. They were REALLY well behaved dogs because they just slowly followed me towards the house. I got Rusty inside, shut the door (the dog was RIGHT THERE) and then started crying. I was totally shaking. All I could think about was all the ways that could have went SO WRONG. 

When I was leaving the neighborhood the two dogs were walking together towards the main road. I hope they didn't get hit somewhere and someone picked them up. Stupid people that drop dogs off out in the country! If you don't want your dog take it to the pound. At least that way it MIGHT get adopted and not suffer a horrible death in the middle of a highway. 

After I got to work I spent HOURS trying to work on this project I was given. I have to call people and tell them that they need to fill out this tax form. It's totally redundant work since another department is going to be sending out letters. It makes me literally sick to my stomach calling these people. Mostly because I don't know what the heck I'm telling them they have to fill out and sign. This afternoon I decided that I'm just not going to do it anymore. If it's important someone else can do it. I'm not going to make myself sick about it.

At lunch I went for a long walk to clear my head a bit. Between the dog and the work I was making myself sick. I felt quite a bit better when I got back.

After work I worked in the yard a bit. I pulled out all the alyssum that was on the road side of the yard. It looks SO much better.

And I put down the bag of rocks I bought yesterday around the hearts. I LOVE these rocks. I think I'm going to go down to the landscaping place and see if they sell them cheaper and put them where I had the blue rocks. I can just put a layer over the top. I like the colors a lot better.

It had been raining a bit so everything is wet but you get the idea.

 If someone would have told me I'd be analyzing rocks a few years ago I would have told them they were crazy.

I bought some mums but ended up putting some in planters on the porch. I had to stop working since it started raining. I'll finish cleaning it up later. I gave the lavender that was in the wine barrel a hair cut too. I need to get some other colors like maybe white for in there I think.

This is how I went out to take pictures.

Don't worry I don't go out in public that way. Well, other than my yard. That's how we Californian's transition over to our "winter" shoes.

I ended my night by making another rag wreath (and spelling words and reading with the 8 year old). Of course the pictures aren't that great since I always finish projects when it's night time and can't wait until the morning to share :) I think I'll have to take some better pics in the morning on the front door. Since this one just doesn't do it justice.

This is a smaller size wreath so it didn't take as long to make. I need to go to the fabric store and get some Halloween fabric for the next one.

Pin It


Melissa G. said...

I love that your two big stepping stones look like hearts!

Chris H said...

Your rocks look neat!
so does the wreath... so pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...