Sunday turned out to be a pretty nice day. Scott was mowing the yard and asked me if I could tame the tomatoes a bit so he could mow around the garden area. I ended up cutting back quite a bit since they had went all "tomatoes gone wild".
I washed them and put them on a large tray AND a 13x9 glass baking dish. A lot of them are green so I'm looking for some ways to use them. Do you have a favorite green tomato recipe (preferrably one you've actually made)? They look so pretty sitting on the counter.
Later I cleaned off the front porch and then started working on the weeds in the front walkway bricks. They are this nasty sticky ground cover like weed that's growing out of the cracks. I found that it was easier to kind of flood the bricks a bit and use a knife to get the roots out.
I'm sure it's just temporary but I got about half of it done.
I think I am going to need to get more sand to fill the spaces in the bricks when I'm done. It's been about two years since we put them in already and it gets a lot of water from the sprinkler. They've heald up pretty good so far. There's just a few that could use a little leveling.
Looking back for those links I can't believe how different the yard looks now than it did just a few months ago. I need to take some pictures of the whole thing for you.Pin It