It's time for Wednesday Wickedness again.
Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked Lady Gaga.
Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. "Peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no trouble, noise, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." Do you keep your cool no matter what is going on around you?
Oh definitly not. I usually freak the hell out.
2. "Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore." Do you feel that career should be more important than your love life?
Personally I'd rather have the love life. You can be totally broke, in love and everything seem perfect.Pin It
3. "You have to be unique, and different, and shine in your own way." In what way(s) do you feel that you are unique?
4. "I want women -- and men -- to feel empowered by a deeper and more psychotic part of themselves. The part they're always trying desperately to hide. I want that to become something that they cherish." Do you feel that there is a part of you that you need to hide from most people?
Umm yeah that would be my big gut lol. Ohhh you're talking deeper I think, right? I'm crazy I'm pretty sure. I think I hide it well?
5. "Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body." Have you ever held on to a relationship even though you truly knew it was already over?
Oh yeah. Over and over and over. Sometimes I wish I had a brick to throw at someone. But then that roller coaster goes slowly slowly toward the top and I start thinking it might stay up there again.
6. "Sometimes in life you don't always feel like a winner, but that doesn't mean you're not a winner, you want to be like yourself." Would your friends say that you are a winner in this game of life?
Depends on which friends. My high school best friend probably thinks I'm a total loser. My friend I've been hanging out with lately would probably lean the other way. It's all a difference of opinion. Everyone has different morals and thoughts on what a "winner" is.
7. "A glamorous life is quite different to a life of luxury. I don’t need luxury. For years, I was practically broke but I was still very vain and glamorous. And I still am." Can you tell us about a time when you were broke and yet still happy?
When Scott and I were first together before we got married we were renting this tri-plex (one unit obviously). We had to pay our rent and then basically another rent for a "pet deposit". I was making minimum wage (think it was like $4.25 then) and he was making about double that and commuting 45 minutes to work and back (although then gas was like .97 cents a gallon, talk about inflation). I remember going to the store and buying the trial size toothpaste, day old bread and tiny little box of cat food. Thank God for Mom's and their care packages.
We were young and in love and spent a lot of time having sex. God I miss
the sex those days. (although I do like being able to buy a BIG tube of toothpaste ;o))
8. "I’m single right now and I’ve chosen to be single because I don’t have the time to get to know anybody. So it’s okay not to have sex, it’s okay to get to know people. I’m celibate. Celibacy’s fine." Do you think staying celibate between relationships important?
I'm so out of the "in between relationship" status I have no idea.
9. "Fight and push harder for what you believe in, you'd be surprised, you are much stronger than you think." Tell us about an incident where you were stronger than you thought you were.
The first thing that comes to mind was when Scott was in the hospital one time and they kept doing things to him that were just making him sicker and sicker. I asked if we could just leave the hospital. The Dr. proceeded to ask to talk to me in the nurses station and told me we could do what we wanted but if we left without the Dr. signing him out the insurance wouldn't pay for it. I was pretty upset but let him know that we would not be there much longer if they didn't stop fucking him over.
After that the hospital sent up someone to talk to me. I think they thought they were going to get sued.
10. "I lie in bed and try to pray and breathe. I have a very overactive mind. I’m the sort of person who’d never take medication to calm myself. It’s maddening. But I love what comes out." Do you feel that you always have the ability to calm yourself?
I think so. It might not happen immediately but I just go out and work in the yard or something and I almost always feel better. I've found that removing myself for whatever or whoever is upsetting me works wonders.
11. added by me :)
Do you wish you could walk around in your underpants and bra like Lady Gaga?