Ok I did it! I finally got my sewing machine out and used it. Of course I spent more time trying to figure out wtf was wrong with tension than anything else! I had put the book for the machine in with it one time when I was cleaning and so I pulled it out to look at the bobbin threading since that is where I was having trouble. I found out that I've been putting the thread in the bobbin the wrong direction for 20 plus years. No wonder it was always being such a problem. If all else fails read directions.
So anyhow, I had decided that I wanted to try making these pocket pillow cases. I figured they wouldn't be too hard for "getting back into sewing". I used to make tons of little girl dresses and I was really good at sewing but I'm a "bit" rusty!
Of course, as soon as I got my stuff out I got a helper.