Monday, December 2, 2013

Long Weekend

Well that long weekend was nice and relaxing. I paid bills so after that all thoughts of going out and having fun were over. Who doesn't like to have a nice relaxing weekend at home right?

There was a lot of laying on the couch with my rock star puppy. Cracks me up that he can sleep like that.

We ended up having Little Caesar's for dinner and then I felt like crap so I went for a run. I didn't know how far I was going but I knew I needed to burn about 600 calories to feel better with myself. 

Mission accomplished. Not too fast and some walking but I got it done. I'm still having a bit of runner's knees. Sucks.

Saturday I sat on the couch for awhile before I got sick of myself and then got dressed to go take my running shoes back. Scott and Trevor decided to come too and they needed to get ready so I took Rusty out and did a one mile walk to do the #rwrunstreak. What is that? It's running (and I'm adding or walking) at least one mile each day from Thanksgiving until New Years Day. I figured I had the first 2 days down, why not join in?

When I got back we were off to the shoe store. I was able to exchange them with no problems (even though I wore them 3 times). That's the good thing about running shoe stores. I found my old shoes in the updated model and ended up getting those. I tired on several other pairs of shoes too and ran around the outside of the store and parking lot. I swear these shoes fit so much better. Maybe it's all in my head? Maybe not.

Next we went across the street to the bike store. I had to use the potty so I went in and was greeted by a singing fish. The whole time I was peeing it was singing. Guess that's one way to not  have your employees hang out in there haha.

We went to the grocery store on the way home and picked up some food to make dinner and I got a bag of Pirate's Booty to snack on on the way home. I thought Trevor and Scott would eat some too but they didn't want any and I ended up eating the whole bag. Darn it! That was a lot of calories. No lunch for me thanks. Not that I was hungry after that anyways.

Scott made his recipe for slow cooked ribs he found somewhere on the internet. I will never ever make ribs again they are so so so good. We never have any left overs because it's so damn good.

Bad picture but YUM. Good thing I walked a mile right? (should have ran a few too).

Sunday morning Scott and I decided to go ride our bikes. We weren't sure how far to go since he has not really been out on his road bike since the blood clot. We decided to ride to the school in back since that is about 4 miles there and not too far from home. We made it there and back without dying but I could tell he was pretty worn out. Nice to get out on the bikes again! 

Oh and it was funny when we first left. We got down the street and both decided we were freezing and came home and put more layers on.  Brrr

I wanted to take some pictures but I had put on my cheap gloves under my bike gloves and couldn't operate my phone without taking them all off. That was kind of dumb. I need to get some warmer bike gloves that have the finger tip thing that works with your phone.

After our bike ride I came home and put a turkey in the oven (gotta love the cheap turkeys at Thanksgiving time, I got 3 over a few weeks at about $7 each). 

And made some veggie soup for the week (with some turkey broth from the last one I had made). I finally bought some canning jars a few weeks ago to put soup in because every plastic container I own leaks soup on the way to work. I've looked at Thermos containers and they are way too expensive. Here we go 12 jars for $6? That's more my speed. 

They work great too! So far no leaking. Plus you get the portion control if you divide the soup up.

I spent most of the day washing clothes. Lucy helped. (I got the last load in the washer before I went to bed-yeah for almost being caught up!)

Before dinner was done I put on my new shoes and Scott, Trevor and Rusty joined me for a one mile run. 

Day 4 done!

The turkey turned out really good (it's not real dark because I took the foil off and then took it out of the oven a little bit before I had planned)

We had a full on Thanksgiving dinner (minus the desserts & bread) with it (sweet potato pie is left over from Thanksgiving, not making more of that it's too good)

Tonight I'm making some turkey enchiladas so that we use the turkey in a different way other than just sandwiches. I'll let you know how they turn out :)
Pin It


Annsterw said...

Awesome runs and bike trips!!!
Your turkey looks amazing!!!! YUM!
I am now googleing how to make ribs in a crock pot - YUM also!!!

Chris H said...

Good grief you have been busy again!
A singing fish in the loo! I have seen and heard one of those fish, I didn't like it. I would have hit it with a hammer if it was in my bathroom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...